advancements that will enable consumers & companies alike to adapt to the ever-changing, ever-evolving world we live in”.
Based in Johannesburg, Beyond VR creates simulated experiences that are exact replicas of real spaces and objects through the use of immersive technology. The startup aims to fill the digital gap between companies and their potential current market.
Commenting on whether they have received funding, Beyond VR has shared that they are utilsing their resources.
“‘We’ve also structured in a way that makes us able to operate on low overheads so we are not reliant on any funding to produce our work at the level required to do business with all sizes of organizations.”
Adding that the startup does plan on seeking investment funding in the future.
“For the time being we have everything we need to function, but will begin lobbying for investment in the next 3 months to facilitate our expansion plan.”
Due to the recent introduction of 5G and the impacts of the global pandemic, Beyond VR aims to cater to the needs of the following industries:
- Architecture through the provision of simulated property launches, architectural presentations, property models, and virtual displays.
- Automative through supplying simulated test drives, driving lessons, and motor shows.
- Travel via the use of virtual guided tours of your vacation or holiday destination from the push of a button.
- Entertainment providing simulated meditation sessions and live events.
- Education via a simulated classroom environment providing a more realistic experience of a classroom environment.
Beyond VR explains that the pandemic has created a need for more advanced technological services and experiences.
“Immersive tech is the answer to the call to social distancing.People are deprived of their freedom to be in certain places as we are being encouraged to stay home. Immersive tech allows people to be anywhere they want to be and have an experience that is as close to the real thing as possible.”
Beyond VR explains that they plan to have a positive impact on the African tech space.
“We have set our eyes on revolutionising the African tech space by creating exceptional digital content, and we hope our efforts empower & inspire marginalized individuals.”